November 15, 2011

Homemade Applesauce

This is a delicious applesauce recipe! I think the secret is the golden delicious apples. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does! Your kids are sure to come running when they smell this cooking :)

Applesauce
Ingredients:
4 large Golden Delicious Apples
1/2 cup of apple juice (I use Simply Apple) or water
2 TBS sugar, if you use water
(less or more, depends how sweet you want your apple sauce)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp of  fresh lemon juice
 
Peel and core apples, cut into eighths. In a medium saucepan, combine apples, juice, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Heat to boil and then reduce to low, cover and simmer until apples are very tender, 20-25 minutes. Remove from heat and mash coarsely with potato masher.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Audra, the apple sauce looks absolutely delicious. Match it up with some succulent roast pork, Yummy. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...