March 1, 2012

Crock Pot Beef Tips & Rice

Pin It

I am now finding a new love for my crockpot!
I do love cooking on my stove, but I am learning that the
crockpot is a fun tool to use too!
It needs a little respect now and then :)
I threw this together last week and it turned out wonderful.
This is a delicious meal everyone will enjoy!

Crock Pot Beef Tips and Rice

2.5 lbs. beef chuck shoulder roast
2 cups beef broth
1/4 cup flour
3 TBS worcestershire sauce
2 TBS red wine vinegar
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste ( I use about 1/2 tsp of each)
1 green and red bell pepper
1 small sweet onion
rice of your choice
(I cooked my rice in a separate pan, and
I use a mixture of white and brown)

First cut roast into approximately 1 inch chunks and place in
crock pot.

Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast

In a small mixing bowl add 1 cup of broth and 1/4 cup of flour and whisk until a smooth consistency. Then in a small sauce pan heat the additional 1 cup of beef broth over medium heat just until it steams, not boiling! Turn beef broth on low heat, slowly add the beef broth flour mixture and whisk constantly until thickened. Remove gravy from heat and add more beef broth as needed to reach your desired consistency. It is ok If there is a few lumps. The gravy will thin out as it cooks in the crock pot.

Add beef gravy, worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, and
seasonings to crockpot and combine well.

Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast in Crock Pot

Cook for 6-8 hours.

Sauté red peppers, green peppers, and sweet onion in about 2 TBS of butter over medium heat until tender.

Sauteed Bell Peppers

Serve beef tips and gravy over a bed of rice and top with
sautéed peppers and onions.
Salt and pepper to taste or sprinkle Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning in place of salt for a little more spice!

Enjoy :)

Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous! I will have to pin it! What a wonderful blog you have I look forward to reading more when you return from vacation! Enjoy the time you have with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! This looks really, really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm learning to use my crock pot more lately - thank you for sharing ;) I would love for you to link it up with us at Kids in the Kitchen http://bit.ly/kikLinkup6

    ReplyDelete
  4. This too looks so yummy! My son would love to not only eat this, but also to make it. Thanks again for stopping by Kids in the Kitchen link up. Please link back to us so others can join in on the fun! :) Can't wait to see you next week. Oh, and I love the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up your yummy recipes ;) I'm on the road for a couple of conventions - but I can't wait to get home to try this one- I needed a new crock pot recipe - it's my new "thang" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! I love crockpot meals. Thanks for linking up to Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is a really good dish I love it. your pics are great too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...