April 19, 2012

Pita Pizza Pockets

These were actually invented by my husband one day when he was looking for a new, quick and easy lunch. I am sure we are not the first ones to make these cute little pizza pockets, but the day my husband pulled these out of the oven the kids and I were in awe of his brilliance! Pita Pizza Pockets are a super easy after school snack, a fun Saturday lunch, or a quick dinner option for a busy night!

Pita Pizza Pockets

1 package of mini multi grain pita pockets
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
veggies of your choice-
I used bell peppers, spinach, and black olives in this batch
turkey pepperoni
pizza sauce (recipe below)

Homemade Pizza Sauce
6oz can tomato paste
6 fl oz of warm water
1 1/2 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
1 TBS honey
1/4 tsp garlic powder (or to taste)
1/2 tsp onion powder (or to taste)
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp marjoram
1/2 tsp basil
1/8 tsp of black pepper
a small pinch cayenne pepper
kosher Salt to taste

Mix all ingredients in a bowl

Preheat oven @ 400 degrees. Then add sauce to pita pockets. Next add cheese, pepperoni, and veggies. Place on a cookie sheet lined with foil and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly. My family warms the extra pizza sauce and uses it for dipping.
Enjoy this meal with a nice garden salad topped with
Creamy Italian Dressing!
YUM, YUM !
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day :)

4 comments:

  1. Genius! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, I will probably steal this for weekend lunches.

    Thank you for sharing with See Ya In the Gumbo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kiddos would love these pita pockets!! Thank you for sharing this recipe on Fit and Fabulous Fridays!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids are going to get such a kick out of this recipe. I love that you used turkey pepperoni. I think it taste just as good as the original. Please share this on my foodie friday linky today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...