May 29, 2012

Blueberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Whipped Topping

If you read my blog you know I am a huge fan of whipped topping! I am not an icing girl, but if you give me whipped topping I am in trouble. Every 4th of July I make angel food cake and cover each slice with fresh strawberries and blueberries, then top it off with homemade whipped cream. Well, for this Memorial Day I thought I would change it up a bit and make Blueberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Whipped Topping. It was one of the most refreshing cupcakes I have ever eaten. If my veteran was home I know he would of enjoyed this cute cupcake too! My husband is currently working in Afghanistan and will be home for a short break at the end of June. I will definitely be making these delicious cupcakes for him this 4th of July!

blueberry cupcakes with strawberry whipped topping
Blueberry Cupcakes
makes 12 cupcakes
recipe found
here, I just added blueberries

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk

1 cup of fresh blueberries

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Then stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Next, fold blueberries in the batter using a spatula. Pour or use an ice cream scoop to place batter into the prepared pan. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
Cupcakes are done when it springs back to the touch.

Strawberry Whipped Topping
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup powder sugar, sifted
8 fresh strawberries, pureed

Chill your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 10 minutes. While your bowl and beaters are chilling, put strawberries in blender and puree. Then in a large metal bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form.Then gently stir in strawberry puree with a spatula. Now you are ready to top your blueberry cupcakes!

Refrigerate cupcakes until ready to serve.
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. These look fabulous my sweet friend! I have nominated you for a Excellence In Food Stories Award on my blog! Come by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look AMAZING. Great recipes! I am now following you, and found you via 'Aloha Friday' blog hop. If you have a moment stop by and visit me at http://thebargaingame.blogspot.com/
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm featuring you tomorrow! I wish I taste your luscious desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are perfect for the 4th of July or anytime!! They look delicious! We are so glad you joined our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We love to see all of the great recipes and ideas!! Thanks and we hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! Love these Audra. I too love whipped topping, and whipped cream. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...